What is this for?
To request a collection of your unwanted bulky household items, such as furniture, electrical goods, carpets and mattresses - typically any bulky household item that you would take with if you were to move house.
What is it going to cost?
- If you in receipt of either Housing Benefit or Local Council Tax Support then this cost is reduced to £16. If so, you will need to provide us with your National Insurance Number, Benefit Reference Number and postcode (so we can verify you are in receipt of a qualifying benefit)
What we need from you
We need you to place the item(s) in an easily accessible location outside your property, (not in a garage or out-building), but within your boundary and you will need to tell us where they will be. We are not able to enter your property to collect items. Items should be made available for collection by 7:30am on the day.
If you leave items in your back garden make sure that they are properly contained, a manageable size and easily moved, ensuring that they will fit down the side of your house. If in doubt please leave the items in your front garden. If bags or bin liners are used these should be tied so not to spill, the bags used should be no larger than an average black bin liner (sack) not a wheeled bin liner.
What you should expect from us
We can collect up to four bulky collections per year, with a maximum of eight items per collection and this is worked out as per the following examples:
- Shed - classed as 8 items
- Dining Table and 4 chairs - classed as 5 items
- Dining Table and 6 chairs - classed as 7 items
- 3 piece suite - classed as 3 items
- Fence Panel - classed as 1 item per panel
- Wood - classed as 1 item per piece
We will collect the items on your bulky collection day between 7:30am and 5pm.
Bookings can only be made one week in advance.
- Building waste and brick rubble, plasterboard, soil, garden waste, hazardous waste, liquid waste, car tyres and car parts are not removed on this service.
- We can only collect the exact items specified
- All items must be left within the boundary of your property
- If an item is collected using the bulky collection service, and it is considered that the item is reusable, that item may be resold accordingly through Doncaster Refurnish
- We do not accept liability for any items left outside your home and do not accept responsibility if items are taken from outside your property prior to the collection date.