Council Tax - Make an appeal

What is this for?

To make an appeal against your Council Tax in the following circumstances:

• if we are charging you Council Tax and you do not think that you are the person who should pay

• if you think you should get a discount or disabled persons reduction and we are not giving you one

• if you think you should be exempt and we have not granted an exemption

If you want to dispute a completion notice, please use our dispute a completion notice form.

What is it going to cost?


What we need from you

We will ask you to register for a MyDoncaster account if you haven’t already. This will allow you to track your enquiry, and for us to tell you the outcome of your request. You will also be able to access additional online services offered by us.

You will need to supply your Council Tax account and Property Reference number to submit your request (these can be found on your bill).

We will ask you to supply details about why you think our decision is wrong, and to supply any supporting information, or documents that you believe will support your appeal.

What you should expect from us

Once submitted, we will decide on your appeal within two months. If you are still unhappy with the outcome of this decision, you can submit a further appeal to the Valuation Tribunal within two months from our decision date.

Do it Now
Last updated: 30 August 2017 15:17:01