Our aim is to help older people and adults with physical and mental disabilities live as independently as they can, with as little intrusion into their lives as possible.
Advice and Support for Adults
We provide support for:
- older people
- people with disabilities
- people with mental health problems
- people with learning difficulties
- people who misuse drugs or alcohol
- young offenders
- vulnerable people and those who may be being abused
Your Life Doncaster
Your Life Doncaster is a website that provides the necessary resources for you to look after yourself within your own community focusing on keeping well, safe and connected. Within the website you will find the following sections:
Information and Advice
Within this section you can find lots of useful information, advice and contact details about the help that is available to you as follows:
Search and Shop
Access to services
Some of our services are only available after your needs have been assessed.
This means that someone from Doncaster council will talk to you and, with your permission, talk to the person who cares for you such as your Doctor or Health Visitor about your needs.
Once the assessment has been made we will write down exactly what has been agreed in a care plan. The Care Plan will be reviewed from time to time to make sure that it still meets your needs.
Following an assessment you may benefit from some of the following services:
- Care homes
- Day centres
- Support for Carers
- Aids and equipment for daily living
- Home Alarm and Telecare service
We work with people such as, nurses, doctors, teachers, the police, the probation service and community groups, to make sure that people who use and need our services are given the best possible help.
We also have a guide which can be found in the download and resources section on this page. Simply click on your chosen subject.
Further information about our services can be obtained by contacting one of the following telephone numbers Monday to Friday, 8.30am-5.00pm. Where, if required, you can use our interpreter service to ask for further information.
Adult Contact Team
- tel: 01302 737391
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Children and families duty team
- tel: 01302 737777
- textphone: 01302 737796
- email: email@example.com
We provide help in a crisis and can be contacted 24 hours a day 365 days a year.
Emergency Social Care Team
- tel: 01302 796000 outside office hours only.
- 1. Independent Living Guide - contents
- Download (22KB)
- 2. Independent Living Guide - getting support in your own home
- Download (181KB)
- 3. Independent Living Guide - Accessible housing
- Download (142KB)
- 4. Independent Living Guide - Transport
- Download (157KB)
- 5. Independent Living Guide - Welfare Benefits
- Download (148KB)
- 6. Independent Living Guide - housing benefit
- Download (127KB)
- 7. Independent Living Guide - Debt and Financial assistance
- Download (130KB)
- 8. Independent Living Guide - work and learning opportunities
- Download (146KB)
- 9. Independent Living Guide - advocacy and peer support
- Download (500KB)
- 10. Independent Living Guide - How can the council help
- Download (148KB)
- 11. Independent Living Guide - personal budget
- Download (153KB)
- 12. Independent Living Guide - something for everyone
- Download (140KB)
- 13. Independent Living Guide - carers
- Download (348KB)