Care Assessment

A care act assessment is the process of working out what your needs are.

Who will carry out the assessment?

A Social Worker or Assessment Officer will carry out the assessment. They will help you to think about:

  • what your support/care needs are
  • what support you have now (this could be from family or friends)
  • what support/care you think you may need

How will the assessment be used?

If eligible, this information will then be used to identify services and/or support available to you, helping you to remain as independent as possible.

How do I request an assessment?

You can request an assessment by contacting the Adult Contact Team for yourself or on behalf of someone else if you have their permission. The Assessment Officers will explain the assessment process to you and what happens next.

You can telephone the Adult Contact Team on (01302) 737391 or email them at

Further information and help



Last updated: 03 August 2017 13:28:39