Do you want to share your enthusiasm for the work?
As an I Care…Ambassador your main responsibility will be to raise the profile of working in social care, delivering one or more of the following activities on behalf of your I Care...Ambassador service:
· Support an information stand at events.
· Support work experience placements.
· Formal presentations.
· Informal talks or discussions
· Interactive group activities.
· Guided workplace visits.
· Participate in publicity/media activities.
But you may well have other skills which could play a vital role in promoting careers in adult social care, please speak to your I Care...Ambassador service co-ordinator if you’d like to discuss them.
If you do not like the thought of standing up a speaking to a large audience, then there is no obligation to do so. However as your skills develop you will have the opportunity to increase your participation in the full range of events, and transfer this development into your workplace for the benefit of your employer.
How will this help me?
- It will help you develop your own confidence and skills by talking to other people in the sector.
- It will help you to expand your network of contacts.
- It can support career progression and your employer may offer incentives for undertaking this role.
What support will I receive?
When you first sign up to become an I Care…Ambassador you will be able to access online learning modules that will help you to become familiar with the ambassador role. You will learn about the role and responsibilities of an ambassador, what resources there are to help you in your role and support for you to plan your skills development.
You will be paired up with a more experienced ambassador for your first few activities – although most activities require 2 or more ambassadors anyway,
You will also have access to the I Care…Ambassador ‘Resources Bank’ which has a wide range of useful guidance and materials to help you deliver I Care…Ambassador services.
OK – I’m interested! What’s next?
Contact your local I Care…Ambassador service coordinator who will tell you more about what’s involved. and visit www.skillsforcare.org.uk/icareambassadors