Find out ways to help you or someone you care for to stay in their own home.
As we get older, or have problems with our health or mobility, then living independently and safely staying in our own home can become increasingly challenging.
The following brings together information from a range of different sources. Some of this information is provided on other websites.
When you are about to leave this site you will see the following icon attached to the button: If you are using a screen reader, the software should tell you that it is an external link and it will open in a new tab or window.
Help living at home | Getting out and about | Finances | Legal advice and support | Housing | Caring for somebody | Support for veterans | Education, employment & volunteering | Further support & contact information.
- Equipment for your home
- Technology to keep you safe - Telecare and Home Alarm Systems
- Housework and gardening
- Finding a personal assistant
- Occupational Therapy
- Local groups and activities
- Meals and Laundry Services
- Day Centres
- Reducing your risk of falling
- Support following a hospital stay
- Keeping warm in winter
- Fire safety at home
- Assisted bin/box collections
- Financial assessments
- Personal budgets
- Direct payments
- Money management
- Welfare Benefits
- Local Assistance Scheme - Support to cope in times of crisis
- Housing adaptations
- Extra Care Housing
- Sheltered Housing
- Care Homes
- Shared Lives Doncaster
- Supporting People Programme
For further information and details of other services available in Doncaster, please visit: Your Life Doncaster
Alternatively, you could contact us.