Your Life, Your Way is our new approach to Adult Social Care, which aims to help people stay independent for longer.
Our approach to adult social care is changing
We understand that everybody is different, and believe that this should be reflected in the care and support offered by the council to those people who need it. We also know that our current social care offer is not set-up to deliver services in this individual way and needs to change.
We have listened to people’s views about what they want from a modern adult social care system. People have told us that they want to stay in their own homes and communities for as long as possible. People have also told us that they want to live independent, healthy and fulfilling lives based on choices that are most important to them.
Our new approach to adult social care will help us to deliver what people have told us they want. Our ultimate aim is to develop a system that gives you the tools you need to live your life your way.
What does this mean for you?
- Your support (if you need it) will be well organised
- You will have a choice of services that will be nearer to your home that can help you to stay healthy and well
- You will have more control and responsibility for meeting your needs
- You will get involved in every part of developing your support and making sure that it still meets your needs as time goes on
- You will only have to tell your story once
- You can be confident that the services you are offered work for you
- You will feel safe
- You can go directly to us if you need to
Your Life Doncaster
To support this new approach to adult social care, we have developed a new website called Your Life Doncaster. This new website is being launched to help provide the necessary resources for Doncaster’s residents to stay independent within their community; focusing on keeping well, safe and connected.
As well as being a portal for information and advice, the website also hosts a community directory of over 1500 groups and activities across Doncaster, helping residents to connect with their local community. All of these can be viewed on our online database.
Residents and professionals can use the community directory on Your Life Doncaster to search for groups and filter based on area, age group and category.
If you would like to add, update or delete a group on the website, please complete our online form.
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01302 737265.