Do I need a permit for my vehicle?
The following vehicles need a permit to access a Household Waste Recycling Centre:
1. cars towing a trailer,
2. small vans (under 1.8 m)
3. 4x4 pick-ups
4. vans over 1.8m can only use Armthorpe HWRC (Luton-type box vans are not allowed onto site)
5. flat-bed pick-ups can use Armthorpe only
6. mini buses can use Armthorpe only
To obtain a Household Waste Recycling Centre (HWRC) vehicle permit, you must adhere to the following terms and conditions:
- you must be a resident of Doncaster
- only one permit is allowed per residential property
- Commercial-type vehicles (eg: vans, 4x4pick-ups, flatbed pick-ups) are not allowed to bring a trailer onto any HWRC
- permits only give permission to access a nominated site and do not guarantee the acceptance/disposal of any types or quantity of waste at site
- HWRCs can only accept household waste generated by your own household- anyone found to be disposing of Commercial or Industrial (Trade) waste will have their permit withdrawn
- permits are not transferable and are only valid for the vehicle and the one site indicated on your application (unless you need to use an alternative site when your nominated site is closed)
- no sign written or hire vehicles will be issued with a permit to access the site
- the permit must be displayed in the vehicle windscreen or access to the site will be refused
- the permit is valid for two years, however if your vehicle or address details change a new application must be made and your old permit returned to the site it is valid for.
- when your permit expires, a complete new application must be made.
How to apply for or renew your permit
If your permit has expired, a new permit application must be made as the Council needs proof that you are still the registered keeper of the vehicle and are still residing at the same address.
Please note that we will only be able to issue your permit when we have received the completed application form and photocopies of:
- your car registration document (log book)
- and a recent utility (gas, electric, water, council tax) bill
The Council will destroy all documents received with the application form once it has been processed and stringent checks made. The Council will take no responsibility for the loss of any original documents supplied.
Please send these documents to:
- Doncaster Council, Civic Office, Waterdale, Doncaster, DN1 3BU
Or email, quoting the online reference number to:
email: email@example.com (please DO NOT email supporting documentation for online permits to this address. Thank you)
tel: 01302 736000