Report here if your bin and/or box is damaged, missing or if you need another one.
- Report a missing bin
- Report a damaged bin
- Request an additional bin
- Request new, replacement or additional box or bags
- Request bins and boxes for a new build property
Requesting a replacement bin
To request a replacement bin or a repair to a damaged bin please select the appropriate link above. If your bin is damaged, eg. A new lid is required we may be able to repair it. If it has been more seriously damaged or stolen we will investigate and if necessary deliver a replacement. When you report your bin missing or damaged we will need to undertake some checks:
- has the bin been damaged or gone missing during the collection process?
- how many bins have been reported as damaged or gone missing in the past, and who was at fault?
Dependent on the outcome of our investigation you may have to pay a non-refundable replacement fee of £22. You will not be asked to pay the replacement fee if following our investigation it is established:
- the bin has been damaged or has gone missing during the collection process
- if you live in a flat or multiple occupancy property and use shared/communal bin/s
Should it be found that there are more bins at the property than have been issued by the council the bin/s will be removed.
Please note: Wheeled bins will remain the property of Doncaster Council.
There is no charge for additional, replacement, damaged, lost or stolen boxes and/or bags for recycling. The property should be occupied, wheeled bins will not be delivered to empty properties. All containers remain the property of Doncaster Council.
Requesting an additional bin
Most Doncaster residents are issued with a 240 litre capacity black wheeled bin for domestic waste, where collection issues do not allow for a wheeled bin, residents are provided with a standard dustbin/sack collection.
Should you use a wheeled bin and meet the qualifying criteria you may be eligible for an additional 140 litre domestic black bin.
In order to be considered for an additional 140 litre domestic black bin you have to fulfil certain criteria:
- there must be six or more people living in your household and/or
- two children under 3.5 years old
- you must be working to reduce the amount of residual (domestic) waste being generated by fully using the kerbside recycling service provided
There is a non-refundable administration charge of £31 payable for the bin at the time the request is made.
Please note: The property should be occupied, wheeled bins will not be delivered to empty properties. The bin will be removed if you are no longer entitled to it or if you are not recycling fully using the kerbside service provided. Spot checks will be undertaken to ensure you are recycling properly.
If your circumstances change you must inform Doncaster Council straight away.
Requesting new, replacement or additional green box or bags
If you would like to request a new, replacement or additional green box and/or bags (blue and clear) for recycling you can now do so using the appropriate button at the top of this page. You can request this service if:
- you are about to move into a house that does not have a recycling box or bags
- your box and/or bags have been damaged, lost or stolen
- you regularly have a large amount of material suitable for our kerbside recycling service
There is no charge for additional, replacement, damaged, lost or stolen boxes and/or bags.
Please note: the property should be occupied, boxes and bags are not delivered to empty properties. All containers remain the property of Doncaster Council.
Recycling from flats or multiple occupancy properties
The green box recycling service provided to households across the borough is not always suitable for flats, due to health and safety reasons, that is why Doncaster Council have developed a service just for flats. For more information please visit recycling from flats