The council provides recycling stations for approximately 4000 flats in the borough.
What can I recycle in my blue bin?
You can put these items together in your blue bin (no need to separate them):
- Paper (including shredded paper)
- Cardboard (large pieces should be broken up so they fit in)
- Empty aerosols
- Plastic bottles
- Lids from glass bottles and jars.
- Liquid food cartons (Tetra Pak)
What can I recycle in my new green bin?
You can put these items in your new green bin:
- Glass bottles and jars only
Changes to collections:
- recycling and refuse collections will now be made on a Tuesday to Friday, this means that your bins will be collected on the same day throughout the year. The exception will be at Christmas & New Year, please refer to the following page for changes to your collections: Bank holiday recycling and refuse collections.
- for updates and information on collections during periods of bad weather follow Doncaster Council on Facebook and Twitter.
If you have a question about recycling and waste collection services where you live please contact us via:
- email: customer.services@doncaster.
- tel: 01302 736000
The council is continuing to assess more flats across the borough where alterations to the waste storage areas are necessary. These locations will be added to the service as soon as possible.