Metal and cables containing metal are easy targets for thieves, and we need your help to catch the culprits.
Here are some things to look out for:
- unmarked vans parked up at night with people working in the road
- work being carried out in streets by people not wearing hi-visibility vests and using unmarked vans, flatbed trucks or 4×4 vehicles.
- removed or disturbed cable box covers in the pavement or at the side of the road
- manhole and drain covers being removed, especially at night
- sites where there is unexpected evidence of cable in significant quantity, for example, around farms and local scrap dealers
- clouds of unusual thick black smoke or any indication of unusual burning activity taking place
If in doubt, report it. We can check if those involved are legitimate tradesmen or not.
For further information, please contact us: