The board aims to improve the health and wellbeing for the residents of Doncaster and reduce inequalities in health outcomes.
The Health and Social Care Act gives specific functions to the Health and Wellbeing Board including:
- leading on the Joint Strategic Needs Assessment (JSNA)
- leading on the development and delivery of the priorities in the Joint Health and Wellbeing Strategy (JHWS)
What does the Health and Wellbeing Board do?
- commissions and approves the Joint Strategic Needs Assessment
- commissions and approves the Joint Health and Wellbeing Strategy
- approves and oversees of the Better Care Fund
- sets the health and social care commissioning framework
- is the focal point for health and wellbeing decision making
- drives collaboration, integration and joint commissioning
- view the dates of meetings in the Council Diary
- agendas and minutes are available on the Health and Wellbeing Board website
- all meetings are held at The Civic Office, Waterdale, Doncaster
For enquiries about the agenda papers or attending meetings of the Health and Wellbeing Board, please contact the Democratic Services Team, Floor 2, Civic Office, Waterdale, Doncaster, DN1 3BU.
Email: Democratic.Services@doncaster.gov.uk Tel: 01302 736709.
- Chair - Portfolio Holder for Adult Social Care - Councillor Rachael Blake Councillor
- Vice Chair - Dr David Crichton, Chair of Doncaster Clinical Commissioning Group
- Elected Member representing the majority opposition group (Conservative) - Councillor Cynthia Ransome
- Director of Public Health – Dr Rupert Suckling
- Director of People - Damien Allen
- Director of Regeneration and Environment- Peter Dale
- Chief Officer DCCG- Jackie Pederson
- Chair of Healthwatch Doncaster- Steve Shore
- Head of Co-Commissioning, NHS England (Yorkshire and Humber) - Karen Curren
- Portfolio holder for Public Health, Leisure and Culture- Councillor Nigel Ball
- Portfolio Holder for Children, Young People and Schools - Councillor Nuala Fennelly
- Chief Executive Doncaster and Bassetlaw Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (DBHTH) - Richard Parker
- Chief Executive, Rotherham, Doncaster and South Humber NHS Foundation Trust (RDaSH) - Kathryn Singh
- Chief Executive of St Leger Homes - Paul Tanney
- Chief Executive, Primary Care Doncaster- Laura Sherburn
- Chief Executive of Doncaster Children's Services Trust- Paul Moffat
- Assistant Director, Doncaster Darts- Lucy Robertshaw
- District Commander for Doncaster, South Yorkshire Police- Chief Superintendent- Shaun Morley
- Head of Prevention and Protection, South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue - Steve Helps
What is the board doing now?
Developing an outcome framework to aid delivery of the Health and Wellbeing strategy
Reviewing the 2017 Joint Strategic Needs Assessment (JSNA)
Promoting integration and joined up commissioning across NHS, social care and public health though Accountable Care.
Health and Wellbeing Strategy
- Doncaster HWB Strategy 2016-21
- Download (877KB)
The summary and easy read versions of the strategy will be available in due course.
Joint Strategic Needs Assessment (JSNA)
- 2015 JSNA
- Download (790KB)
Pharmacy Needs Assessment (PNA)
The board has a statutory responsibility to assess the needs for pharmaceutical services in Doncaster, referred to as a Pharmacy Needs Assessment (PNA).
The PNA is used to make decisions on the services provided by local community pharmacies and is also relevant when deciding if new pharmacies are required. This is especially important as commissioning decisions and new pharmacy openings can be subject to legal challenge if they are not handled properly.
There is a legal requirement for the board to publish a new PNA by the 1st April 2015. The PNA will inform the services commissioned by the local authority (Public Health), NHS England an NHS Doncaster Clinical Commissioning Group (DCCG).
- Doncaster Pharmaceutical Needs Assessment FINAL 2018
- Download (9.54MB - DOCX)
- PNA Report FINAL 23.1.15
- Download (9.96MB)
- 2015 PNA Due Regard Statement FINAL
- Download (385KB)
- PNA Supplementary Statements 02 03 17
- Download (41KB)
- Signed Disposal Letter
- Download (130KB)
- Hayfield Green
- Download (78KB)
Health and Wellbeing Peer Challenge
In 2013, at the invitation of the council, a Local Government Association (LGA) Peer Challenge team visited the council as part of the LGA’s Health and Wellbeing system improvement programme.
The LGA’s feedback letter provides a summary of the team’s findings:
- LGA feedback letter
- Download (374KB)
For further information, please contact us:
- email: email@example.com
- Tel: 01302 734581
- BME Health Needs Assessment 2017
- Download (3.75MB - PDF)
- BME health needs action plan 17-18
- Download (290KB - PDF)
- PH Commissioning Strategy 2017_21 Final
- Download (1.97MB - DOCX)
- FINAL PNA REPORT 23.1.15
- Download (9.96MB - DOCX)
- 2015 PNA DUE REGARD STATEMENT FINAL
- Download (385KB - DOCX)
- PNA Supplementary Statements 10.04.2017
- Download (41KB - XLSX)
- LGA feedback letter
- Download (374KB - PDF)
- Health Improvement Framework 2015
- Download (778KB - )
- HWB Terms of Reference May 2018
- Download (18KB - DOCX)