The aim of the Supplementary Planning Document (SPD) is to provide robust, up-to date design policy guidance for applicants, agents, developers and designers.
It will be used for Development Control purposes, clearly setting out the council's expectations for backland and infill types of housing development. It promotes high quality design and housing which is sensitive to the context in which it is located.
The SPD will help to protect and enhance the qualities of existing urban areas, ensure residents' amenity is protected, and help to meet the council's priorities for attractive, safe and prosperous neighbourhoods.
The SPD was adopted on 15 November 2010.
- Residential Backland and Infill Development SPD
- Download (3.95MB)
- Statement of Representations
- Download (207KB)
- Draft SPD Sustainability Appraisal (SA)
- Download (980KB)
- Draft SPD SA Non Technical Summary
- Download (36KB)
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- tel: 01302 734419