Doncaster Council has invested in strengthening a community-based open access youth offer, providing a broad range of places to go and things to do across the borough, delivered by Expect Youth. We have identified and developed work with a range of partners and now deliver a strong, diverse offer for young people in Doncaster, including LGBTQ Community, LDD Young People and Volunteering opportunities for a sustainable service.
Doncaster's Youth Offer
The initial stages of the programme have involved speaking to young people, voluntary, community and faith (vcf) organisations and statutory partners. Four Locality events have been held which have helped shape Locality Plans as working documents to develop over the coming months. The purpose of these plans is to set out in one place for each locality:
- What local young people have told us is important to them
- What local organisations can offer and what support is needed to help continue, strengthen or start to deliver a youth offer
- The demographics of the local area - including individual assets of young people, community assets and physical assets e.g. buildings
- The shared outcomes developed through partnership working with young people at the heart of these
Each Locality Plan is owned by the people and organisations that create positive activities and personal development opportunities for young people and is a working document that will be regularly updated as this programme progresses.
For further information or to contribute to the plans please contact
Darren Gough, Volunteer Coordinator - 01302 737084
- Steve Tudberry, Youth Officer - 01302 737993
- Sandy Rushton, Youth Officer - 01302 735704
Expect Youth – Essential Life Skills Fund Launch
We are pleased to announce that the Application and Guidance documents are now live and included below.
The Doncaster area has been designated by the Department for Education (DfE) as one of 12 ‘opportunity areas’. This means that additional funding is being invested in Doncaster with the purpose helping local children get the best start in life, no matter what their background. Ensuring all children can access high-quality education at every stage is critical. The focus of this programme is not just on what can be done to help inside schools, but also to create opportunities outside school for children and young people to develop essential life skills, have different experiences and broaden their horizons.
Doncaster Opportunity Area has today launched a bidding process for organisations to deliver extra-curricular activities that will develop the life skills of groups of young people. We are seeking bids from providers who can deliver activities to one or more of the following cohorts of young people:
- Those with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
- Gypsy, Roma, traveller
- Young carers
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender + (LGBT+) young people
- Boys who face disadvantage
- Disadvantaged Primary school children
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact Doncaster.OA@education.gov.uk
Application and Guidance Documents:
- ESL Grant Fund Final Application NEW
- Download (370KB - DOCX)
- Essential Life Skills Fund Application Guidance Final NEW 2018
- Download (254KB - DOCX)
- Frequently Asked Questions -FAQ
- Download (244KB - DOCX)
Community Asset Transfers
Part of providing local people with the chance of an active role in influencing the support that will be provided to deliver the Youth Offer includes the transfer of buildings to community ownership. The aim of community asset transfers is that the ownership and management of land and buildings is given to communities to improve local social, economic and environmental well-being. For more information, visit the Community lettings page.
Early Help Training and Support
For contact information and further help in obtaining the skills you need to work with young people. Starting Well have produced the following guide.
- Early Help Newsletter March 17
- Download (799KB)
- North Youth Locality Position Statement
- Download (4.36MB)
- East Youth Locality Position Statement
- Download (2.67MB)
- South Youth Locality Position Statement
- Download (2.8MB)
- Central Youth Locality Position Statement
- Download (4.76MB)
What Young People told us
- Youth Offer- Young People Summary Poster
- Download (80KB)
Targeted Youth Program:
Wednesday Tom Hill Youth Hub from 5pm – 7pm LDD group
Thursday Stainforth Youth Hub from 5pm – 7pm LDD group
Please contact Steve Tudberry or Sandy Rushton for more information.
Doncaster Youth Alliance (Expect Youth)
Through consultation with young people, Doncaster Youth alliance has now been re-named Expect Youth. For information on development opportunities please follow the link below.
Children and Young People's Plan 2017-2020
For information regarding the young people’s plan please follow the link below
- Volunteer Prospectus August 17
- Download (5.27MB - DOCX)
- National Youth Work Week 6th-12th November 17
- Download (1011KB - DOCX)