The production of the budget is the means by which the council expresses in financial terms its plans for service provision in the coming year.
Whilst the most visible outcome of the budget process is the declaration of the Council Tax, the budget clearly has a greater significance and meaning for the council:
- it allocates the council's total financial resources between different directorates, services and portfolios
- it prioritises resources to align with and deliver the council's strategic planning framework
2019/20 Budget Approval – Council 4th March, 2019
The following budget reports were approved by Council on the 4th March, 2019:
- Revenue Budget 2019/20 to 2020/21 – proposals for revenue income and expenditure for public services.
- Capital Programme 2019/20 to 2022/23 – proposals for spending on major projects known as capital investment.
- Housing Revenue Account Budget 2019/20 – proposals for income and expenditure in relation to the Council’s housing stock.
- Treasury Management Strategy Statement 2019/20 to 2022/23 - seeks to optimise the council’s cash flow and secure the most effective arrangements to support long term funding requirements
- Council Tax Setting and Statutory Resolutions 2019/20 - statutory resolutions for council tax.
You can view these documents at:
- Members Budget Booklet 18-19
- Download (1.4MB - PDF)
- Doncaster MBC Efficiency Statement
- Download (343KB - PDF)