Doncaster Council highways maintenance policies and strategies.
Highways Safety Inspection and Potholes
Doncaster Council’s Highway Safety Inspection Policy (Appendix A) provides details of the principles adopted in developing the inspection regime whilst Doncaster Council’s Highway Pothole Policy (Appendix B) provides details of the principles adopted in defining a pothole within the adopted highway.
- Signed EDR for Highway Policies
- Download (41KB)
- Appendix A DONCASTER COUNCIL-HIGHWAY INSPECTION POLICY 2016
- Download (852KB)
- Appendix B DONCASTER COUNCIL-HIGHWAY POTHOLE POLICY 2016
- Download (561KB)
- Appendix C Consultation results
- Download (26KB)
- Appendix D DRS Highway Policies Consultation
- Download (41KB)
View our winter services policy below and find out about resources we have available to tackle severe winter weather.
- Winter Services Policy 2018-2019
- Download (1.38MB - PDF)
Highways Asset Management Policy and Strategy
Asset management is a strategic approach that identifies the optimal allocation of resources for the management, operation, preservation and enhancement of the highway infrastructure to meet the needs of current and future customers.
The Strategy is an overarching document which is applied to the core highways infrastructure asset groups of:-
- Carriageways and Footways
- Bridges, Retaining Walls and Other Highways structures
- Flood Risk and Drainage
- Street Lighting
- Traffic Signals
for which service levels, desired outcomes, investment priority and future demands are considered and will be further developed in the Highways Asset Management Plan below.
- Highway Infrastructure Asset Management Policy Strategy 2019
- Download (880KB - PDF)
- Appendix A - Highway Asset Maintenance Communications Strategy
- Download (584KB - PDF)