The Learn Safe Drive Safe scheme prepares young people to deal with the risks they will face when they start to drive unsupervised.
Further information can be found on:
In addition, 'Drive for Life' is a programme developed specifically for young newly qualified drivers and young people preparing to become drivers. Regular courses and interactive events are held in venues across South Yorkshire which young road users are welcome to attend.
A core group of approved driving instructors have teamed up with the South Yorkshire road safety teams to use the Learn Safe Drive Safe technique as a standard part of their lessons.
The listed instructors are the only instructors who have received the additional training required to deliver the scheme.
The lessons cost no more than normal and don’t affect the practical side of learning.
Drive for Life
There is no cost. Further details and a booking form are available on line from the Drive for Life web site:
The council supports the work of advanced driving groups such as the
Advice on driver training is available to all local organisations who wish to improve the driving standards of their employees.
Benefits of driver training for the employer:
- Reduced crash and injury rates for employees
- Potential reduction in insurance premiums
- Reduced down time
- Savings in fleet running costs including maintenance and fuel
- Reduced environmental impact upon the local and wider community leading to improved quality of life for all
- Enhanced environmental profile
- Reduced health and safety problems
- Fulfilling health and safety obligations
- Dissemination of information beyond the immediate client base
Benefits to the employee:
- Reduced risk
- Increased confidence
- Reduced stress levels
- Reduced conflict
- Dissemination of information to family and friends
- Greater awareness of the individual's responsibility with regard to other road users and health and safety issues
- Raised awareness concerning the issue of responsibility rather than the current blame culture
- Improved personal fuel economy
- Reduced insurance claims
For more information contact the road safety team:
- Doncaster Counci, Civic Office, Waterdale, Doncaster, DN1 3BU
- Tel: 01302 736000