to enable participants to observe and discuss behaviours and techniques used to prevent, defuse and deal with difficult situations when in face to face with customers and colleagues
Employees who work alone and who may deal directly with customers on a regular basis.
To enable employees to develop the skills they need to stay safe when in direct contact with customers, and enable them to improve communication with irate and aggressive people they meet in the course of their work.
By the end of this course delegates will be able to:
- identify your own behaviours which may be inflammatory to others in difficult situations.
- describe those incidents of aggression and violence to report to the Health & Safety Department, and where to find the relevant forms.
- explain practical ways in which difficult situations can be reduced or even prevented in their area of work.
- demonstrate how to use the techniques to defuse difficult situations with angry and aggressive people.
- demonstrate how to approach customers to maintain, de-escalate and restore calm to an inappropriate situation.
- demonstrate different strategies to suit various scenarios for those rare occasions where de-escalation techniques fail to work.
£60pp or £340 for a group of 10-12 (Off site)
Any cancellation 10 working days or less to the course commencement date will incur a cancellation charge.
- email: BentleytrainingCentre@doncaster.gov.uk
- tel: 01302 862655