- Pa6 – Approved Training Course
- pesticides are very widely and successfully used in land-based industries, but they can be potentially harmful substances, therefore it is essential that they are handled, applied and stored correctly, therefore making training essential
- our assessment course in Hand Held Applicators – Hydraulic Nozzle, has experienced instructors who will guide you through the appropriate and safe use of the hand held applicator.
- if you are involved in the application of pesticides with hand held hydraulic nozzle applicators
- the course will help you develop your knowledge of health and safety requirements, and allow you to add to your continuous development.
- dependent on your experience and if you are a novice the course will last for 2 days.
Before attending this course you will have already attended the:
What will you get from it?
- identify and describe how hand held applicators work
- identify and select nozzles for various applications
- achieve the required spray quality
- carry out pre-start checks
- calibrate the applicator
- mix and fill applicator accurately and safely
- operate the applicator safely and efficiently in various situations
- prevent environmental hazards
- decontaminate and store equipment
- basics of spray application
- hygiene and Personal Protective Equipment
- the working principles of a knapsack
- preparation of the applicator for work
- calibrating a knapsack
- mixing, filling and site work
- calibration – concentration method
- decontamination, tank washing and storage
Maximum number of learners:
- 6 per session
Last updated: 20 August 2018 15:34:56