The importance of good quality, effective learning and development cannot be underestimated by providers wanting to deliver excellent outcomes for service users.
Doncaster Council is committed to supporting an Adult Social Care Workforce which:
- is strong, confident, skilled and fit for the future
- results in a vibrant and responsive health and social care sector able to meet the changing expectations of people using health and social care support
- is well trained, qualified and supported and is capable, competent and confident to meet the current and future needs of people who use services. All minimum qualification, professional, registration and equality standards are met
To achieve this there should be an adequate supply and choice of high quality, affordable, diverse and blended learning and development opportunities and methods available that meet business and individual needs. These include formal qualifications, work-based learning, coaching, mentoring and online learning accessible by all. Increasing amounts of learning are quality assured and accredited.
The Council, therefore, aims to respond to demands across the sector and provide learning and development opportunities wherever resources are available. It also looks to the development of cost-effective and sustainable solutions in delivering training.
E-Learning and classroom courses offered by Doncaster Council Adult Social Care are currently free of charge (unless otherwise stated) for members of the Adult Social Care Workforce as defined in the Workforce Strategy; i.e. for people or organisations who provide care or support to adults in Doncaster. This does not include staffing agencies, although this may be considered with the appropriate charge.
However it should be noted that cancellation fees may apply, so before accessing any of our training it is important that you read the terms and conditions; booking a place on any DMBC training will result in automatic agreement to these terms and conditions.
- IVP_TermsConditions_March 19
- Download (157KB - DOC)
- Terms & Conditions for Training
- Download (480KB - DOC)