Doncaster Council Planning Online is a web based service that allows you to view details of applications being considered by the council.
Link to the site
To link to the site follow the 'I agree' link below. By doing this you have agreed that you have read and understood the copyright and other limitations set out on this page.
Any information published on Planning Applications Online should not used for any commercial or business purposes including, but not limited to, trading, building commercial databases, reselling or redistribution of such information.
What can you do on the site?
The site lets you:
- check the progress of planning/building regulation/appeal cases and enforcement notices
- save searches and be emailed about new applications in your area
- track applications of interest
- search by key words in the description or address
- see weekly or monthly lists of applications received or decisions made within the system
- submit comments about an application being considered
- view planning documents for valid applications after 1 Sept 2009
- view recent planning history
- view property details by reference to a map
Step by step guides on how to use Public Access, and information on other documentation available on Planning's webpages:
- New Public Access User Guide Word Doc Download (959KB)
If you are experiencing issues viewing documents on Planning Applications Online via the internet browser Google Chrome. Please refer to the Planning Applications Online User Guide above for technical guidance.
Planning Application Online/Public access availability
We do not guarantee that public access will be available at all times due to system maintenance and support restrictions. This page will be updated as appropriate to advise users of scheduled downtime, we regret that, due to situations beyond our control, unscheduled downtime may occur.
Due to maintenance activities, it is expected that the Public Access service will not be available between the hours of:
- 11pm and 02:30am every day
Public Access promotes the involvement in the local decision-making process and consequently provides the ability to submit comments on planning applications that are within their publicity period.
- objections or supporting comments on applications must be rational, impersonal and directed principally to the planning issues raised by the proposal
- comments of a personal, slanderous, libellous, defamatory, or otherwise offensive or abusive nature will not be tolerated and we reserve the right to remove any inappropriate comments
- comments or representations published have not been checked for accuracy and are the views only of the author or authors
If you submit comments we will not send an acknowledgement letter, but you can confirm that we have received your comments by looking on the site.
(Please note that Planning Applications Online closes the ability to comment at midnight the night before the publicity expiry deadline. This issue has been raised with the product suppliers. As an alternative you can make your representation via email or post)
Planning application information submitted to the Council is protected by the Copyright Acts (Section 47, 1988 Act). You may only use material which is downloaded and/or printed for consultation purposes, to compare current applications with previous schemes, and to check whether developments have been completed in accordance with approved plans. Further copies must not be made without the prior permission of the copyright owner.
Please note that by using Public Access you are agreeing to Doncaster Council's Disclaimer which is available at the bottom of this page.
Planning decision notices
If you require a decision notice that was issued between 2000 and 2004 please email the planning application reference number to:
Upon receipt of the request we will publish the decision notice in to the associated documents facility within public access within five working days.
If you require a decision notice or documents relating to applications between 1974 - 1999 these can be viewed on microfiche at the Local Studies Library at Doncaster's Central Library, Waterdale. An appointment must be made to book a microfiche machine and for the Library staff to ensure they have the microfiche of interest.
To enquire and book an appointment please contact:
- tel: 01302 734307
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
All decision notices issued from 1st September 2009 are available by using the associated documents facility within Planning Applications Online/Public access.
- the service continues to be developed, at the present time no constraint information is available online, and planning histories are available from 1 January 2002
- information contained within the site should not be relied upon in connection with a property transaction
- anyone wishing to obtain planning information for this purpose is advised to carry out a local land charges search through the council's Local Land Charges Section, (charges apply)
- no responsibility will be taken for any errors or omissions in the planning history information obtained from Planning Applications Online/Public Access. Similarly the information contained within Planning Applications Online/Public Access does not constitute in any way a formal notification of a planning decision, and as such any actions taken as a result of information displayed on the site are undertaken entirely at the viewer's own risk
- under normal circumstances, the new planning application information will be available for viewing within two working days of receipt of a valid application
- all plans and documents accompanying planning applications submitted from 1st September 2009 can be viewed via Planning Applications Online/Public Access
- Doncaster Council reserves the right to remove or not display certain planning application information for confidentiality or other reasons
Enforcement notice information will be available for any notices served from the 1st February 2012 onwards. Information prior to this date can be obtained from our:
A copy of Neighbourhood plans submitted to the council are available via: