We offer a free collection to households within the borough for asbestos (bonded only).
This includes the collection, transportation and disposal of cement bonded asbestos, e.g asbestos used in the construction of garages, sheds, gutters and fall pipes, etc. We will only take domestic asbestos generated as a result of DIY work undertaken by you at your own home.
There is a limit on the amount of asbestos we will collect and a council officer may be required to visit/inspect whether a collection is suitable/eligible.
To arrange collection please complete the eform within the Waste and Recycling portal:
Asbestos for removal must be collected from within the boundary of your property and must be:
- accessible at the time of collection
- clean, dismantled and in manageable loads (easily carried)
- maximum length 9ft (collection service only)
- all sheets must be double wrapped in 1000 grade builders polythene and taped/sealed
- broken pieces of asbestos must be double wrapped in 1000 grade builders polythene and taped/sealed
Failure to ensure that the asbestos is correctly wrapped as per the instructions above will result in the collection not being carried out and another collection will need to be booked once steps have been taken to comply.
Collections will be made on a Wednesday or Thursday, depending upon demand for the service.
Other disposal site
Alternative disposal facilities (conditions apply) are available at:
- Armthorpe Household Waste Recycling Centre (HWRC), Armthorpe Road, Doncaster, DN2 5QB
- open 7 days a week from 8.30am - 7pm
- closed Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day
Conditions - On arrival at Armthorpe HWRC inform a member of staff that you wish to dispose of asbestos and follow the directions given. You will be responsible for removing the material from your vehicle and placing it in the skip.
To avoid packages breaking material must be placed in the skip carefully and not thrown in. Material cannot be accepted on site if it is too big for the container or if there are large quantities. It is recommended that, where possible, the free collection service detailed above is used.
Failure to ensure that the asbestos is correctly wrapped as per the instructions above will result in you not being able to deposit the material and you will be directed to leave site.
The site is available to all Doncaster residents only, not businesses, trade or commercial operators who wish to dispose of any waste.
Any asbestos produced from works carried out by a tradesperson will not be collected/accepted, in these instances it is the legal responsibility of the trader to dispose of the waste they have generated.
When removing asbestos please remember to take care and necessary precautions when handling.
- Maintaining a safe workplace page
- Hazardous waste page
- email: customer.services@doncaster.
- tel: 01302 736000