Public Buildings Maintenance is Doncaster Council’s in-house repairs, maintenance, refurbishment and construction provider based at NorthBridge Depot.
Who we are?
PBM employ approx 70 full time multi skilled trade operatives and 9 craft apprentices who will go on to train to become the next generation of craftsmen. We support local schools and also take on pupils for work experience.
We have also taken on exchange French students learning the craft who gained experience in an uk local authority.
What we do
Our work includes day-to-day responsive repairs, general maintenance, disability adaptations, refurbishment, re-modelling and new build work to all types of buildings.
We carry out contracts and Service level agreements across the council for both internal and private customers.
We provide a testing, alteration and installation service for gas, mechanical and electrical installations as well as Solar installations and air conditioning works.
We also offer a bespoke joinery manufacturing service for both internal or external clients and manufacture and design to the client specifications through our highly skilled joinery workshop.
- We are registered with the Contractors Health and Safety Assessment Scheme (CHAS).
- Our operatives are trained to the latest Health and Safety Standards.
- Our work is underwritten by insurance and is backed by the council.
- We ensure all work is fully compliant with Building and Planning Regulations.
- All work is carried out in accordance with the Construction Design and Management Regulations (CDM) and is supervised by an in-house professionally qualified Health and Safety adviser.
- We provide a Help desk and 24 hour emergency response service.
Find out more about us by clicking the drop down boxes below:-
- Call out electrical emergencies for Schools and Public buildings.
- Light Installation and Intelligent lighting.
- Door entry systems.
- Solar panel Installation.
- Air-conditioning installations & decommissioning.
- Mains upgrades.
- Fire alarms Installations, Testing and repair.
- IT / Data communication installations.
- PA Testing.
- We cover all mechanical / plumbing emergencies
- School kitchen gas servicing
- Fan convector servicing
- Boiler House Refurbishments
- Commercial Kitchen installations and ventilation systems
- Domestic and commercial heating installations
- Safety valve testing & system pressure testing
- Commercial and domestic pipework installation and renewal
- Level access shower installations
- Accessible bathing pod unit installations
- DOC M toilet installations
- Steel handrails, grab rails and support frames
- Concrete half steps and ramps
- Metal modular ramping systems
- Mopstick handrails and bannister systems
- Disables access alterations (door widening and interior remodeling)
- Doncaster Repair and support service (DRASS)
- Bespoke joinery design and manufacture
- Listed building work undertaken
- Fire doors and frames, Gates, Fencing
- Staircases Kitchen & vanity units
- Windows and box sashes
- Domestic and Commercial property refurbishment and repair
- Painting and Decorating
- Brickwork, Blockwork and wall repairs
Technical Services / Quotations
- Quotations and budget estimates for all trades - Electrical / Mechanical / Building
- Technical Advice
- Helpdesk: 01302 736890
- Out of hours standby via central control on 01302 736000
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please like us on our Facebook page and follow our work at www.facebook.com/Publicbuildingsmaintenance