Providing a high quality service to overcome language barriers.
Doncaster Interpretation and Translation Unit (DITU) has been established since 2005 to ensure that local services are more accessible for members of the community for whom English is not their first language or are unable to communicate effectively enough in English. Interpreters can help to overcome language barriers and ensure that important messages are not missed and that all the community can access service such as Health, Education, legal and Benefit services equally.
At DITU we have a variety of interpretation and translation services available to organisations and it may be that you need to access one or all of them. We offer a free, no obligation opportunity to assess the needs of your organisation and offer advice and guidance on services available. We pride ourselves on offering a high quality service prioritising customer service at competitive rates.
- Face to Face interpretation - Used for any type of appointment or meeting, when information on procedures need to be explained, to assist with language barriers during client visits or in training.
- Written Translation - letters, posters, information leaflets, agreements (e.g. contracts, working policies, legal information, health and safety information etc.).
- Development of new services to meet customer needs.
- Staff training - using an interpreter, choosing the right service or training interpreters on specific processes for your organisation.
- Advice and Guidance - ensuring best value for work carried out
To make an enquiry please complete enquiry form
Doncaster Interpretation and Translation Unit is committed to providing a professional and quality service in everything we do. All our interpreters are fully assessed, monitored and trained to ensure they deliver excellence with a grading system that ensures the most appropriate interpreter is sent to the job requested.
What to expect from us
- All requests will be dealt with efficiently.
- We will provide a professional and quality assured service.
- We will provide advice and guidance on the services you require ensuring best value for money.
- Training / attendance at meetings for the most effective use of interpretation and translation services, tailored to suit the needs of your organisation.
Some of the languages available (other languages are available on request).
|Indonesian||Kurdish Bahdini||Kurdish Sorani|
Booking an interpreter
- By Phone - Call a member of the team on 08448 734073.
- By Email - Send us the completed Interpreter request form to us at email@example.com
- By E-form - Complete the information Interpreter-booking-form
- By phone - Call a member of the team on 08448 734073
- By Email - Send us the completed Translation request form with the document for translation to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Becoming an interpreter
All new posts for interpreters will be advertised on the Doncaster Council Jobs website
We value and encourage customer feedback about our staff and interpreters, whether it is positive or negative. Please take a few moments to complete the Feedback form and email to email@example.com
- Interpreter request form
- Download (26KB - DOCX)
- Translation request form
- Download (26KB - DOCX)
- Feedback form (E)
- Download (17KB - DOCX)