The Pupil Support and Passenger Transport Team provide travel assistance to and from mainstream schools, special schools, colleges, and to interim tuition services - along with help with board and lodging cost for school residential trips.
Depending on the pupil's circumstances, we may be able to provide free travel assistance between home and their educational establishment. This may be done in a number of ways including a place on a coach, minibus, or taxi; or in the form of a zero fare bus pass.
Further details are contained in the Home to School Transport Policy available at the link below or please telephone
- 01302 737325.
Both free transport, and help with board and lodging costs for school residential trips, are dependant on certain criteria. Visit the pages below for more information:
- Help with costs for school trips
- Transport to and from further education colleges
- Transport to and from school
As a result of a previous consultation the following changes were made to the following Discretionary Areas of Transport:
- Stainforth to Ash Hill Academy - from September 2010 no new pupils will be given free bus passes unless they qualify under the Education and Inspections Act provision
- Denominational Transport - no new pupils will receive free transport on Denominational Grounds from September 2010
When completing an application form for any travel or transport assistance service you will be providing us with personal information. Details on how we will use this information is provided in the following Privacy Notice:
- Travel Assistance Online Privacy Notice
- Download (35KB - DOCX)
Transport to and from schools/colleges for pupils with Special Educational Needs
For information on obtaining transport for pupils with a statement of special educational needs or an Education and Healthcare Plan contact the Special Educational Needs Team on:
Whilst we make every effort to ensure that we provide high standards of service, if you do have a problem and wish to make a complaint then please put your concerns in writing addressed to Kim Holdridge, Service Manager, Passenger Transport Team, Floor 4, Civic Office, Waterdale, Doncaster, DN1 3BU. Alternatively please e-mail the Passenger Transport Team at the e-mail address detailed below.
- email: Transportandpupilsupport@doncaster.gov.uk
- tel: 01302 737117 or 01302 737220
- Home to School Transport Policy
- Download (219KB - DOCX)