The Pupil Support and Passenger Transport Team provide transport to and from mainstream schools, special schools, colleges, and to interim tuition services - along with help with board and lodging cost for school residential trips.
Depending on the pupil's circumstances, we may be able to provide free transport between home and their educational establishment. This may be a place on a coach, minibus, or taxi; or in the form of a zero fare bus pass.
Further details are contained in the Home to School Transport Policy available from the team on:
- 01302 737325.
Both free transport, and help with board and lodging costs for school residential trips, are dependant on certain criteria. Visit the pages below for more information:
- Help with costs for school trips
- Transport to and from further education colleges
- Transport to and from school
As a result of a previous consultation the following changes were made to the following Discretionary Areas of Transport:
- Stainforth to Ash Hill Academy - from September 2010 no new pupils will be given free bus passes unless they qualify under the Education and Inspections Act provision
- Denominational Transport - no new pupils will receive free transport on Denominational Grounds from September 2010
Assistance may still be offered for some pupils with Special Educational Needs, please contact the Pupil Support and Passenger Transport Team on:
- 01302 737220
Transport to and from schools/colleges for pupils with Special Educational Needs
For information on obtaining transport for pupils with a statement of special educational needs or an Education and Healthcare Plan contact the Special Educational Needs Team on:
- email: Transportandpupilsupport@doncaster.gov.uk
- tel: 01302 737117 or 01302 737220
- 2015-16 transport policy final-1
- Download (220KB)