Doncaster Council and its partners are developing new ways of working with families.
The aim of Stronger Families programme is to change the way families are supported to improve their lives using a whole family approach coordinating services through a lead worker. Families are supported to tackle the issues they face and build their resilience; through this there will be a reduced demand on high cost services by identifying and supporting families earlier.
We are already helping hundreds of families who are dealing with issues in their lives, through a whole family approach when things happen, such as:
- children in families have problems attending school
- young people are not in education, employment or training
- adults are claiming out of work benefits, or there are issues getting into work or debt
- the family may be affected by domestic violence and abuse
- members of the family may be affected by a range of health problems
- family members may be involved in crime or anti-social behaviour
- How we support families
- What people say about Stronger Families
- Frequently asked questions
- Guidance and information for workers
Floor 3, Civic Office