Doncaster Council has an agreed Constitution which sets out how the council operates, how decisions are made and the procedures which are followed to ensure that these are efficient, transparent and accountable to local people.
Some of these processes are required by law, whilst others are chosen by the council.
To view each Part of the Council's Constitution, please select the relevant document on the right of this page, listed under 'Downloads & Resources'.
The latest revisions made to the Constitution are listed in the Summary of Constitution Revisions, listed on the right of this page under 'Downloads & Resources'.
- Contents Page - Constitution
- Download (144KB - PDF)
- Part 1 - Summary & Explanation
- Download (323KB - PDF)
- Part 2 - Articles of the Constitution
- Download (315KB - PDF)
- Part 3 - Responsibility for Functions
- Download (1.21MB - PDF)
- Part 4 - Rules of Procedure
- Download (1MB - PDF)
- Part 5 - Codes and Protocols
- Download (259KB - PDF)
- Part 6 - Members
- Download (460KB - PDF)
- Constitution (All parts) June 2019
- Download (3.05MB - PDF)
- Summary of Revisions - Constitution Version 6
- Download (234KB - PDF)