The Local Offer provides information for children and young people with special educational needs (SEND) and their parents or carers in a single place.
It shows families what they can expect from a range of local agencies including education, health and social care.
Knowing what is out there gives families more choice and therefore more control over what support is right for their children.
Information, advice and guidance
- Consultation and Feedback
- Documentation & Forms
- Early Years Support and Childcare
- Alternative Provision & Education Support Services
- Information on - Benefits, Carers & Disability aids and equipment
- News / Notices for Parents & Professionals
- Preparing for Adulthood
- The SEN Service and FAQ's relating to SEN
- Things to do / places to go
Get in touch
You can contact the Families Information Service via:
- Freephone: 0800 138 4568, operates Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm, outside of these hours there is an answer phone service
- Telephone: 01302 862136 / 735237
- Email: email@example.com - all queries will be responded to within three working days.
We're also on Facebook:
- www.facebook.com/donfis - Up to date information and links to benefit parents, prospective parents, children or young people
- www.facebook.com/donfisprofessionals - Up to date information and links to benefit all childcare providers, prospective childcare providers and schools
Local Offer Disclaimer
Families Information Service is not able to recommend or endorse any providers listed in this section nor can we guarantee the accuracy of the information provided by the services. Services listed on the Local Offer complete and audit twice a year to update their information, and are encouraged to update their information should any changes occur. Anyone looking to use a service is responsible for making their own checks about the suitability of that service - you should decide if it is fit for your purpose. Parent / carers should check that they are satisfied with the service and provider before attending / accessing.
Should you have any cause for complaint against any of the services listed you will need to complain to them directly in line with their complaints policy. Doncaster Council has a Complaints Procedure which you can follow should you need to complain about any of the services you have received from Doncaster Council. Anyone working with children and young people will be required to have appropriate Disclosure Barring Service Check (the replacement of the Criminal Record Bureau - CRB - Check), safeguarding policies and insurance in place, which they should make available to you on request.
Is information on the Local Offer available without using the website?
We have a Freephone helpline and landline numbers:
• 0800 138 4568
• 01302 862136 / 862132
Doncaster Council’s One Stop Shop
• Customer services
• Computers in the reception area
In the community
• Families can access computers in their local libraries or Children’s Centres
• FIS can post out information which is included on the Local Offer to families
• Print information from Local Offer and make it available to collect from the One Stop Shop
- Local Offer Application Form
- Download (417KB)